Pastoral study week of the priests
September 6 - 10, 2010
September 11, 2010
Pinalejo, Santa Bárbara
- To assist the processes toward the National Constitutive Assembly (ANC)[Constitutional convention] by means of strategies toward the ANC agreed upon with the organizations which come from the base, taking into account the steps of the social pact suggested in the study week and based in the diocesan plan.
- To have a lasting attitude in defense of nature and against the privatization of natural resources.
- That the priests maintain their prophetic dimension in conformity with the preferential option for the poor, illuminated by the biblical tradition, the church's magisterium, Latin American theology and the diocesan plans.
- To organize a diocesan commission of ongoing reflection and research.
- To promote a process of social transformation, by means of analysis and debate, spreading at all levels the formation which is integral and liberating.
- To accompany the distinct forms of popular organization and facilitate spaces of dialogue among the various social sectors.
- To promote moral and cultural principles and values to combat and unmask corruption, immorality and the global market of neoliberal ideology.
- To form a new type of citizens and of leaders capable of renouncing every type of prebends and privileges in order to be faithful to the poor and determined to protect the common good.
- To demand public investment to provide for the basic necessities of the poorest parts of the population (roads, electric energy, telephone, schools, health centers, hosing, agricultural and livestock production) especially in the western part of the country.
- To push the solidarity of lay people and their recognition of their mission in the church and in the world.
- To intensify our pastoral attention to the most vulnerable groups (youth, children, and the elderly).
- To promote and assist every work of communitarian progress and development which tends to solve the needs of the poorest starting with their local resources.
- To promote and form a pastoral reading of the Bible faithful to the spirit which with it was written - from the poor.